Mississippi Development Authority
Launches 2007 E-Golf Guide
Golfers have plenty of places for teeing off in Mississippi.*
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) Division of Tourism has rolled out a new online 2007 Golf Guide. Simply visit www.visitmississippi.org/golf and click on the Online Golf Guide icon.
"Avid travelers and golfers are increasingly looking online for information and we’re committed to doing everything we can to make it easy for them to visit our great state,” says Mississippi’s Tourism Division Director D. Craig Ray.
The new guide lists comprehensive information about golf courses, accommodations and golf packages. It includes a breakdown of facilities and services into five geographic regions:
• The Delta – birthplace of the Blues and comprised of northwestern flatlands.
• The Hills – home of gently rolling, northeastern landscapes.
• The Pines – located in the central-east part of the state and blanketed with quiet forests.
• The Capital/River – with its winding waterways and rich history in the state’s central-southwest portion.
• The Coastal – located in the South near the Gulf of Mexico’s sparkling water and beaches.
Many new courses are debuting this year. Among them is the Preserve Golf Club, a Jerry Pate-designed course and an amenity of the Palace Casino along the Gulf coast. Fallen Oak, a Tom Fazio-designed course is a new amenity of Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi. And the Dogwoods at Hugh White State Park, a Gary Roger Baird design, joins several other top-notch state park courses.
For more Mississippi golf and tourist information, call 866-801-8551 or visit www.visitmississippi.org.
*The photo on this page is owned, copyrighted and used with permission of the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) Division of Tourism. All rights reserved. Please do not link to nor copy this photo. Thank you.