With economic uncertainties, airline hassles and high fuel prices, it's not surprising that U.S. consumers are increasingly flocking to vacation spots closer to home. I know you've likely seen that with your bookings at Gaylord Palms.
Many of our SouthernTravelNews.com™ readers live in the U.S. South and tell us they desire “StayCations” or value-added packages at hotels or resorts within several hundred miles of their home. Their goal is to have a great vacation, but not break the bank on transportation costs.
As an online travel newspaper, SouthernTravelNews.com ™ recognizes the value of StayCations. In addition to our robust feature articles; profiles of city destinations; blogs; headline news; photos and other travel information features, we’ve just added two new “News Flash” categories to our site – “StayCations” and “Gas Perks & Deals.”
Readers are taking notice. SouthernTravelNews.com™ and sister site, SouthernCruising.com™, are only a year old, and average around 25,000 visitor sessions monthly and nearly 160,000 page views monthly.
Our first major promotional campaign begins in July so we’re expecting even bigger numbers this summer and fall. We have targeted content focused on travel and vacations within the U.S. South and Florida.
The latest Alexa statistics show that the SouthernTravelNews.com ™ consumer reach is up 57 percent (% of global Internet users who visit our site).
Our overall traffic rank (based on a combined measure of page views and users) is up 1.2 million in position. And, our page views (number of unique pages viewed per day) are up 5 percent for the past three months.
I am asked constantly by hoteliers and destinations about how they might achieve exposure for their property on our site. So, here are a few tips…
Expanding Your Promotional Reach
- Add us to your Editorial Mailing List for Press Releases and Destination/Property News: Send releases to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge if we run something. We evaluate content based on our editorial parameters. Send releases about property news, trends, new features or guest programs, and value-added packages.
- Sign up for our free E-ZINE! Just sign up at the site (right hand column). It’s free, we don’t sell the list and you’ll receive a professional looking newsletter with travel news, notes and features from around the South by land and sea. It's a great way to see what other properties are doing -- many people tell me our newsletter is a good idea generator for their own travel entity!
- Consider our VALUE-ADDED and FEATURE-PACKED Advertising Programs:
- The time is right: Americans absolutely want their cherished vacation, but they seek new, closer-to-home choices!
- The price is right: $299 for our basic program for hotels/resorts that covers a full SIX MONTHS – so you pay one time only but get six months of exposure in multiple spots!
- The circumstances are right: You’ve likely got rooms to fill or attraction tickets to sell and we have the consumers you need to reach. Our readers are ALREADY interested in southern U.S. travel and many live within the South.
STAYCation Sizzler Advertising Package
Why not consider a “StayCation Sizzler” package on SouthernTravelNews.com™?
Included for a one-time price of $299 are six months of ALL of the following:
- Your Sponsor Logo in the left column of our Front Page and on all Interior Pages (50+).
- Your Hot Travel Deal or Package listed in our News Flash Section under the “Sponsored Hot Deals & Packages” Category – One Deal is Posted; it can be flexibly changed every 30 days.
- Priority consideration for our StayCation and Gas Deals and Promotions News Flash items. So whenever you have something appropriate just send it along.
- Your Sponsor Logo in all regular E-ZINEs (This free electronic newsletter covers land/sea travel within and from the U.S. South; the newsletter is 4-5 times monthly to readers who sign up at our site)
- Sponsor Logo in two Special Land-Only Themed E-ZINEs during the 6-month period – one focused on StayCations, another on Romance Travel
Seeking even more exposure? Some suppliers are opting for our “SUPER StayCation Sizzler” package.
This more full-bodied package includes ALL features of the “StayCation Sizzler” package PLUS banner ads on our Front Page and all interior pages (50 plus) of SouthernTravelNews.com™ for just $175 more – for a total of $474 plus tax. Again, this is a one-time charge for a full six months of promotional exposure in multiple spots.
Both offers expire July 10, 2008. This is a special offers ONLY for hotels and resorts. Why not give us a call at 813-663-9554 or email email@example.com?! We'll answer all your questions. And, we accept major credit cards and business checks.
Promotional Food for Thought…
- SouthernTravelNews.com’s™ readers are ALREADY interested in U.S. South travel!
- Our readers love travel AND most live within the South – they’re in your own backyard!
- Readers are constantly asking us for new StayCation/package deals. Why not showcase your property?!
- We’re new. Our site isn’t oversaturated with destination or property ads. You won’t be lost in the crowd.
- Plus, we have good stats and we’re building our clientele with a strong promotional effort this summer.
Call 813-663-9554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TODAY! We’re here to help. Thanks for your kind attention. Cheers! Susan J. Young, Editor & Publisher, and SATW member
***Creative Specs: No flash or animation. Sponsor Links are clickable links. We reserve all rights to reject any advertising we deem inappropriate. Sponsor Logo: Maximum width is 200; maximum height is 50. E-ZINE: Maximum ad width is 200, maximum height is 220. Hot Travel Deals from Our Sponsors: Copy will be text only, limited to 300 words, submitted by the travel supplier, include link information, and will be edited by SouthernTravelNews.com™. If the SUPER StayCation Sizzler package is selected, supplier must provide artwork that fits these specs: Front Page Banner Ad: Max. width is 250; max. banner height is 125; Interior Page Banner Ads: Maximum width is 200; maximum height is 125